Re: [DMCForum] tune up parts

> anybody know the bosch part number for the wire set or a comparable wire
> set?
>
> anybody know a part number and brand for the cap and rotor?

Distributor Cap
 American Standard: GB426, Borg Warner: C-612, Bosch: 1-230-500-120, Vera:
15-01161, Volvo: 243923-0

Distributor Rotor
 American Standard: GB426, Borg Warner: D-604, Volvo: 243922-2, Bosch:
1-234-332-177

Spark Plug AC: R44LTS6, Bosch: R6-445, Bosch Platinum: HR6DP, Champion:
RBM9y, NGK: TR5, Volvo: 273599-1

Spark Plug Wire American Standard: 9642, MSW: 1757, Volvo: 275683-1

All of these parts are supposed to also be the same for the Volvo B28
engine.  In addition to the water pump toys, did you get the 6 big o-rings
for the intake manifold?  You also need a pair of ram's horn gaskets and
possibly new o-rings for it, too.  If you're really on a budget, you can
reuse the old big o-rings if you goop them up with some silicone RTV.  The
ram's horn gasket can be cut from cheap gasket material.  Of course, I
wouldn't try any of these short cuts myself, and if I did I wouldn't admit
to it.  :-)

Walt
Real successful people cut corners and manipulate.  That's how things get
done. -- JZD as quoted in Grand DeLusions.