Re: [DMCForum] 3 different hoods

> Also hoods with lined indentations and no gas flap tended to crack at
low
temperatures.

I remember reading in Grand Delusions that the reason for discontinuing
the
hood lines was that too many where cracking while they were stamping them
out.  I have never heard of a hood with lines cracking for any reason once
it was finished.  I think the temperature related issue concerns the frame
since SS becomes more brittle at cold temperatures.  This technicality
stopped them from crash testing SS frames because it was cost prohibitive
do it at freezing temperatures.

In addition to the X-pattern, I've also noticed just in front of it an
obvious line that runs fender-to-fender that matches the fiberglass
reinforcement.  I've even seen it on NOS hoods.  So I think that the
pattern
problem starts when they put the original grain-texture on at the factory.

I want to see someone fit a fuel flap onto a hood with no style lines.
That
would certainly make an exception to the rule!

Walt

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/HliolB/TM