Re: [DMCForum] Humor - was - Moderators

> Humor.  Walt gets wild and indignant now and then but he's had some
> really funny stuff get through.  I applaud humor.

Les,

Here's a funny one for you.  This one I could understand the moderators
not
letting through.  After some negotiation they agreed to let it through if
deleted the part about the grease stain down the middle.  I don't
remember,
but I probably had a few beers when I wrote it.  :-)

My Mom doesn't see my car very often, but the last time she saw it the
conversation went something like this:

Walter: Oh, look!  A DeLorean.  What a cool car.
Mom: (with sarcasm) Isn't that YOUR car?
Walter: (sheepishly) Yeah.
Mom: That looks obscene.
Walter: Huh?
Mom: It's unmentionables are showing.
Walter: What do you mean?
Mom: It looks like its pants are too high or missing, and it is exposing
itself.
Walter: You mean the oil pan is visible?
Mom: Well whatever it is, it shouldn't be exposed like that.

Then we went into a long conversation about making a "loin cloth" to hang
under there.  I have discussed making some fashion of metal grating or
louvers with DML members before, and we all came to the conclusion that
anything like that would interfere with air circulation by trapping too
much
heat in the engine compartment.

Since my car likes to sport a 'leather' nose bra on occasion, I'm
wondering
how some complimentary chain mail panties would round out the leather &
lace
fetish.  I have worn a stainless steel chain mail shirt before (long
off-topic experience), and it was quite heavy -- about 20 lbs.  (I will
say
that it makes real pretty bruise patterns when you get hit while wearing
it.
I'm talking Renaissance Festivals; now get your minds out of the gutter!)
So anything chain mail large enough to drape over the 'unmentionables'
would
probably add too much weight to our already bottom-heavy cars.  Unless of
course it were made out of something like aluminum, but that could be hard
to keep clean.  As if chain mail panties wouldn't look kinky enough,
imagine
seeing a greasy oil stain right down the center.  Can anyone suggest a way
of coating aluminum wire to make it stay cleaner?  Teflon?  Clear or black
anodized?  I think silver chain mail panties would look really sexy with
that leather-looking nose bra.  Oh yeah!

Walt    Tampa, FL

P.S.  At the Memphis show I saw that the car with the Northstar V8
conversion had a metal grating hanging down hiding some of the exhaust
system.  This is sort of what I want to do.  Now on the subject again, I
saw
a monster truck driving around town with black steel balls swinging behind
the rear axle.  I thought it was a good joke, and I'm not above hanging
some
behind my oil pan.  It's a boy!