[DMCForum] Re: baby sitting a 3 rotor DeLorean

[DMCForum] Re: baby sitting a 3 rotor DeLorean

I just had some fun dehumidifying Jim's DeLorean.  This is really a letter
to Jim, but I'm sure some of you are interested in what happens to
DeLoreans
that are parked outside.  What happens?  Humidity!  We just got one of
these
winter-from-hell rains that lasted two days.  I walk out to check the car
and find a layer of moisture clinging inside the windshield.  I dried off
all the water and found a little water under the drivers side carpet as
well
as the whole interior feeling damp.  So I used several towels to dry out
what I could.  Now I have trays of Damp-Rid sitting in there to keep the
air
dry.  I suppose that the water got in through the doors someway.  But in
Florida even tight cars will accumulate lots of moisture inside.  At my
earliest convenience I'll try to make room in a garage stall for it which
could be as early as two weeks or as late as never considering how I get
things done.

For those of you who don't know what a winter-from-hell rain is, here's
what
happens: The weather stays cold long enough for every non-air-conditioned
part of the house to get thoroughly cold.  Then it rains.  For those of
you
into physics, rain is condensation in the air, and this is an exothermic
process -- meaning that it significantly warms the air.  Now we have cold
objects surrounded by warm damp air and everything -- and I mean
EVERYTHING
gets wet.  I have water dripping from my walls, windows, door handles,
etc.
It's just like watching a cold softdrink accumulate water only this is my
house!

Walt