[DMCForum] This one got a "silent bounce" from the DML..

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc A. Levy
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 8:08 PM
To: DMC News (E-mail)
Subject: DeLoreans Magazine.

Although I was against it, copies of "DeLoreans" magazine were handed out
at the fall foliage tour.

I was against it because Rob and Debby Grady of PJ Grady
(www.pjgrady.com), as well as Ken and Chris Koncelik of Delorean Car Show
(www.deloreancarshow.com) continue to support our local events without
blatant promotion (there presence is usually promotion enough!) of their
respective organizations.  We have no such support from DMCH.

With no support for DeLorean Midatlantic or any of the local events in
this area, DMCH had the balls (for lack of a better term) to make use of
our event to promote their magazine, and in turn their business.

In the same disrespect for us, DeLoreans magazine printed on page 24 of
the Summer 2002 issue a DeLorean paper toy.  Their claim is "we never pass
up on the strange little tidbits of DeLorean oddities we come across."
They do admit it is not their original work but, yet they do not credit
the DML for supplying them with the source of this material
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/message/25770) or, the source
themselves  (http://papertoys.com/delorean.htm).  I will assume that the
publisher of DeLoreans did get proper permission to reprint this drawing,
so I will make no judgments about copyright (heck, I don't even know if
papertoys holds the copyright!).  However, it is in bad taste to not give
credit to the originator (was it papertoys.com, or someplace else?) of the
drawing and to further modify it to remove the "plug" for the source.

The magazine still turns out to be a big commercial for DMCH, and I think
it is misleading to someone who does not know any better.  You can look up
my previous posts on the subject.

I admit, I may be looking to see the next issue.  I am curious as to
Stephen's discussion on "the players and pretenders in the DeLorean
hobby".  I did not know he was the authority on the subject.

Is the DML in trouble??  We just got though a long discussion about
additional internet message boards and mailing lists.  Moderated VS
unmoderated, and such.. No need to rehash it all.  However, it looks like
DMCH wants to corner the market on that too.

Is it really necessary to turn the DeLorean hobby in to something so
commercial?  I'm greedy too, but IMHO your taking it TOO far... and taking
the fun out of it.

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/HliolB/TM