[DMCForum] Transmission Fluid

Went thru and changed the oil and transmission fluids for my car while
also doing some work on the steering rack.

I thought you guys would like the nice little transcript between Walter
and me. Note, my car sat in a barn for 10 years so I needed to change
the fluids due to not knowing the age.

Walt (puzzled voice): This isnt the original transmission fluid
Sam (working elsewhere on the car): How do you know?
Walt: It's red
Sam: Red?
Walt: Ya, red, should be brown. Not sure why it is red
<small pause>
Walt: Bastard! Someone put auto trans fluid in here! Why would they put
auto trans fluid in a manual... Now I've seen everything.

Now for some other fun (I told Walter I'd post this). For anyone that
has worked with Walter, you know that he likes to keep his hands clean,
even when working with oil (he washed his hands at least 2x while
putting the new oil into the transmission). I found out why :).
Apparently years ago, he was working on a car in some extremely faded
blue jeans. After working on the car all day, he looked at his crotch
and it was black. He realized how much scratching he had done.

Samuel