Re: [DMCForum] Re: Copyright Issues

On their website, they do refer to the original company as "the original
DeLorean Motor Company" and refer to their company as "DeLorean Motor
Company Texas", "DeLorean Motor Company of Texas" or "DeLorean Motor
Company (Texas)". They also say, in the FAQ section: "DeLorean Motor
Company (Texas) has no affiliation with John DeLorean, nor any
connection to any projects he may be undertaking. We have no knowledge
of his future and/or existing projects."

I don't think they're trying to impersonate the original company, since
it's in the American zeitgeist that DMC went down for good in 1985.
However, they're making sure that people know parts and service are
available, even to the point of providing a letter for people having
trouble getting their cars insured to present to their insurance
companies. Sometimes it's easy to see beasts in the shadows when there
are only shadows. I don't think there's anything insidious going on.

Then again my cynicism gives way at times to optimism and trust, so we
can never be sure about me. ;)

Farrar "Green? Moi?" in New Orleans