RE: [DMCForum] Re: Lo-jack

>Some of you are missing an important point though. Lo-jack is not
>intended to keep people from stealing your car. No matter what you
>do, if they want it bad enough they will drive it, drag it, or
>destroy it away.
>
>Rich

Why not just install a silent arming alarm that will kill the ignition, lock
and unlock your doors, roll your windows up and down, and page you when your
alarm goes off?  Yours is an automatic, right?  You could also add remote
starting as well.  You can even set a delay so you are paged before the
system announces to the thief that the alarm has been triggered.  You could
probably do all of that cheaper than a LoJack and not need to pay anything
else after the system is installed...and you can  take it with you.

I have nothing against LoJack, though I think you can do more for the same
or less.  If you want to, you could even add in a GPS unit where you can go
on the web, log in, and view where your car is, or where it last reported
its position had it been moved into a building.

Greg