[DMCForum] A new sound...

Hey there everyone!

  As the time draws for 3299 to go get the tranny fixed again, I decided to take it out for a light, LIGHT drive just to keep the fluids moving and what not.  A new sound has reared its ugly head; I'll describe it to the best of my ability.  My tranny is an auto just FYI.

As I drove to a stop light, I slowly pressed the brakes (I already need new front rotors).  While the car was idling, this noise began.  The best way to describe it : you know the "radio fuzz" sound you get when you change radio stations with a turn knob radio dial?  The imcomprehendable "bzzzZZzzzZzz" you get with turning the radio dial around, or when your TV shows nothing but "snow"?  That's exactly the noise I was hearing.  It wasn't very loud at all, and it went away after about 5 seconds.  It did it one more time on the way home.  When it happened this second time, I hit the accelerator; it had no effect on the sound.  There didn't seem to be any direct correlation between the accelerator and this new sound.  It didn't sound "rotational"; the sound didn't seem to run in consistant cycles.  I parked the car, put it in park, and let it idle.  Nothing happened.  Hit the accelerator while in park - no "radio fuzz" sound.

To say the least, very unusual.  I had to go to work immediately after I parked the car, so I haven't had much time to really diagnose the sound or its origins.  Any ideas anyone?

Man, when they said the DeLorean was a lifetime project car, they weren't lying ;).