[DMCForum] Re: You're both wrong! Attn: Rick/Martin

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> I can not believe I am allowing myself to be pulled into this
> nonsense but I have a question. I am NOT arguing, I only seek
> enlightenment.

Oh, come on, it's fun.

> Rick you stated that if you hold a torque wrench at 20 ft/lbs. for
an
> eternity no work is being done as long as you don't turn the bolt.

Actually, I said 15 minutes, but your point stands.

> In order to hold the torque wrench to 20 ft/lbs. that requires the
> expenditure of energy. Is not the expenditure of energy by
> definition, work?

You got me on that one.  I'm performing work, but all the energy is
wasted in my muscles.  None of it goes into turning the bolt.  You
are technically correct, the best kind of correct.

Rick.