[DMCForum] Re: Last Word to Everyone -- Why Don't Y'all Make Up Your Own

[DMCForum] Re: Last Word to Everyone -- Why Don't Y'all Make Up Your Own HP Definition

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>
wrote:

> Why don't you all make up your own definition of horsepower. It
won't
> agree with what the rest of the world uses. It won't be historically
> accurate. It probably won't even explain what happens in the real
> world. But you all will be happy and that's what really matters.
> I am not going to be bloodied and sullied another day for a formula
> that I never made up in the first place!

Hi Bill.  I did make up my own definition of power.  Remember post
10094, in which I wrote:

"I think we should adopt the standard of using
(Bars*acre*parsec) for torque, for which I propose the name "Vogon",
and (Gigadyne*lightyear)/month for power, for which I propose the
name "meeter", to avoid confusion with "meter"."?

I take exception with your statement that my standard won't be
historically accurate.  It is accurate by definition.  And it does
agree with what happens in the real world.  My "meeter", which is
((Gigadyne*lightyear)/month) is just as valid a unit of power as any
other, and is easier to remember, too!

I hope by "last word" you don't mean that you're leaving the list.
That would be a loss.  Don't let people push you around.  Who cares
if you're wrong or if they're wrong?  The important thing is that
everybody's arguing about it.  Can I be in your tractor pull at
Pigeon Forge?

Rick.