Re: [DMCForum] Last Post For Martin

I just remembered that F=mA Force = Mass x Accelleration.

Therefore Force is measured in kgm/s^2, taking us to SI units.

By your argument the units of Torque (NewtonMetres) should be the same
as force, which clearly they aren't. Going too fast for you here?

>All the key components are in the classic HP definition: force,
>distance, and time. Look very closely and maybe you'll finally see them:
>
>HP = Torque x RPMs / 5252
>
>It's all there: force (torque), distance (revolutions), and time
>(minutes).

And distance with respect to time is also called....? I'll give you a
clue: "Miles PER HOUR?" What's that the unit of. Oh look, it's a measure
of SPEED isn't it? So is radians/sec.

Oh and once again TORQUE IS NOT THE SAME AS FORCE - see top of this e-mail.

Please answer me one question: Did you ever do physics at school? Did
you learn about formulae? Did you do distance, speed and time graphs in
basic mathematics? I did it at around age 11.

Martin