RE: [DMCForum] Re: Why I like this forum

(((^_^)))

      -----Original Message-----
      From: content22207 [mailto:brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
      Sent: Tue 1/13/2004 2:23 PM
      To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Why I like this forum

      I'm glad YOU'RE having so much fun. Personally feels like
being nailed
      to a cross sometimes. I even receive hate eMail off Forum!

      What blows my mind is people give ME so much crap for *TRUE*
      statements, then let obvious errors slide right by without
comment:
      -Lowering compression increases HP (normally aspirated engine)
      -Tach redline indicates point of maximum HP
      -A small engine with high HP numbers will out pull a large
engine with
      low HP numbers
      -The optimum time for ignition spark is at the threshhold of
detonation
      -Engines do not produce vacuum
      -Octane and methane are the same molecules
      -Coil voltage is immaterial to mixture ignition
      -DeLorean underbodies are not made of plastic
      -An on and on and on

      Wow, what a blast from the past.

      If anyone comes up with an emoticon for shaking one's head,
PLEASE
      post an example. It will become my new signature.

      Bill Robertson

      <twinenginedmc12@xxxx> wrote:
      > I like this forum.
      >
      > While Martin was away at robot camp, this list got really
boring.
      > I'm so glad he's back, and that Bill and Martin are having
their
      > unresolvable and very entertaining conversations.  I'm
amazed how
      > civil they keep it, and how thoroughly they manage to
disagree.  It's
      > the best reason to read this forum, and if you disagree,
well you're
      > wrong. <<(pointless antagonism to provoke a response)
      >
      > Of course I'm grateful too for Jim Strickland, who's always
on duty,
      > ready to prod the contestants back into action with a silly
comment
      > if they get tired of fighting.  It must take a lot of skill
to know
      > just what to say to get a response, without coming across as
      > deliberately antagonistic.  I admire that.
      >
      > I feel guilty for lurking around enjoying this forum without
      > contributing any content, sometimes.  I'm tempted to join
in, but I
      > fear confrontation, and I'd probably end up on both sides of
the
      > argument anyway, debating with myself, which would mean I'd
be
      > arguing with an idiot.
      >
      > And the recent talk about horsepower and torque, now THAT's
      > entertainment!  Who knew that physics could be such fun!
And why the
      > hell do people still use the word "horsepower" anyway?  The
metric
      > system is the only reasonable way of measuring anything
<<(pointless
      > antagonism to provoke a response)
      >
      > This forum rocks!
      >
      > It rocks!  Bring on the spall!  (Jack Black's greasy nerdy
character,
      > in "the Jackal")
      >
      > Rick Gendreau, vin11472, 3x10^23 attowatts.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to: