[DMCForum] Re: Why I like this forum (ot and domc (devoid of meaningful

[DMCForum] Re: Why I like this forum (ot and domc (devoid of meaningful content))

Hi Greg.

> If more people spoke up this Forum would be a lot more fun.  But
Rick, how
> can you possibly fear confrontation?  Like I, and some others,
stated
> before, you were the only one that had a pair to speak up to
Jesse.  I still
> think that rocks.

I don't really fear confrontation.  I was practicing making up
pointless stuff, so I can get better at contributing to this forum.
As for Jesse James, that's how I react to being needled after not
sleeping more than 2 hours/night for three straight days.  I'm
normally a little less confrontational or reactive.  I'm lucky he
didn't pound me.

> >The metric system is the only reasonable way of measuring anything
> <<(pointless
> >antagonism to provoke a response)
>

> Nah, the best system of measurement is when they used the King's
length of
> his arm.  That was the most accurate.

That would be a good choice. I changed my mind about the metric
system. I think we should adopt the standard of using
(Bars*acre*parsec) for torque, for which I propose the name "Vogon",
and (Gigadyne*lightyear)/month for power, for which I propose the
name "meeter", to avoid confusion with "meter".

> >3x10^23 attowatts.
>

> That's only 0.0003 gigawatts.  You are never going to get anywhere
with
> that!

My god, you're right.  I feel so inadequate.  I'd better get a bigger
motor.

Rick