Re: [DMCForum] Re: Continued Farrar Towing His New DeLo

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Continued Farrar Towing His New DeLo

Bill:

> When I mentioned towing the car backwards, I was envisioning it backed
> on a DOLLY, not a trailer. So many replies have misunderstood, I must
> not have been clear. Apologies.

Well, that goes without saying. Obviously if it were on a trailer, it
would be mounted forward. Aerodynamically it makes more sense.

> The question is: if Farrar dollys a DeLo automatic, how do you isolate
> THAT transmission? Do you simply pop the drive axles off?
>
> Of course you don't need to isolate the transmission if the car's on a
> flat bed.
>
> Nor do you need to isolate a manual transmission on a dolly.

If I learn how to drive a manual transmission vehicle within the next
year then I needn't worry too much about that. Of course, driving an
automatic pickup and nothing else doesn't allow me much time or
opportunity to learn and practice. I really would like to learn as it
would enhance the spectrum of cars I could purchase. Then again I have
mixed feelings about it as I drive in the city a lot. A LOT a lot. Like,
most of the time, except for 800+ mile road trips. And frankly, the De
would be a lot of fun around the city. I think unless I move out of the
city (unlikely - I'm a city boy born, bred, & buttered), I'll get an
automatic. There are plenty out there.

Farrar