[DML] Stripping the epoxy - advice needed

[DML] Stripping the epoxy - advice needed

Hello everyone,

I need some advice from people who have successfully removed the epoxy off the frame. I know that this topic has been discussed many times before but I need a bit more technical info as to what chemicals to use. I’m in Poland and so product names are no good for me. We have different stores and different brands from the ones you guys have in the US. If anyone has a particular paint stripper that works well, could you please look at the packaging to see what it actually contains? I need the chemical composition.
We have tried four different solutions that are used to remove paint and three did not work at all. The forth one was a gel type stuff, nasty, very aggressive and it only managed to soften the epoxy slightly. It bubbled up just a little bit and in just a few places. So, after soaking the entire frame in this stuff for more than 24 hours we managed to remove just a few square inches of epoxy. The rest doesn’t want to come off.
The interesting part is that the epoxy came off the trailing arms without any issues. It just bubbled up and came of. Did they use a different stuff on the trailing arms?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Greetings from Poland!
Tom
Vin 6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 16473, 17086
Google earth: 52°25'17.66"N, 21° 1'58.40"E
www.deloreana.com

Posted by: "Tom" <dmctom@xxxxxxxxx>