I have seen nice looking manifolds on your site. From an enjoyment of driving point of view (5 speed), which is better?; an Island twin Turbo or your free flow exhaust? I've ported my heads (especially the exhaust ports, the intakes were fairly good stock) and am thinking a well flowing normally aspirated engine might be the better bet. Any hunch on torque/HP? If nothing else the tail end would be lighter without the turbos.

I also have a couple single turbo D's that are fine but still really don't have any 'snap' by today's standards.

Don

On 08/21/2014 04:45 PM, 'John Hervey' john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [dmcnews] wrote:

I have a car with Island Twin Turbo though I took them off to make exhaust
manifolds. There is another here in the Dallas area with an Island set up on
it and a man that owns a shop that installed he said at least 10 of them
when Turbo Manufacturing was selling the kits.
I also bought another kit new in the box about 5 years ago.
John Hervey
Delorean auto parts

-----Original Message-----
From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:34 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Re: How many Island Turbos

Bob,

I have a D that had Island Turbo's. It also had two scuba sized Nitrus
bottles in the front boot and a stripped ring gear on the Differential.
I bought it ~20 years ago and haven't done anything with it other than
tearing it down for rebuild. Don't know the vin off hand. I do have the
plumbing but don't think highly of it. The log exhaust manifolds are a
disgrace but I have ported them to the point (probably double the flow
potential) where they might be usable. The car is located in Cd'A, Idaho.

Don

On 04/19/2005 05:37 PM, Bob Brandys wrote:

> I know of about 30--40 cars with Island turbos. Most in CA.
>
> There must be 500 of them in storage somewhere!!
>
> This must also mean that a lot of the unregistered Ds are island turbos.
>
> BOB

Donald L. Ekhoff
CTO/Owner
Seagull Solutions, Inc.
www.seagullsolutions.net
(408)612-6507 cell PST

------------------------------------
Posted by: Don Ekhoff <ekhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yahoo Groups Links

--
Donald L. Ekhoff
CTO/Owner

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential and/or proprietary information intended only for the addressee.
Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
constitute a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by responding to this e-mail,
and delete the message from your system. If you have any questions about this e-mail please notify the sender immediately.

Posted by: Don Ekhoff <ekhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>