[DML] Re: How many Island Turbos

I was responsable for getting the guest speaker and really lucked out!
John Conway was really great. He said he enjoyed meeting all of us and
had a good time. This is just one of the many perks of joining a club.
It gives us a way to do things that cannot be done on an individual
basis. We will try to involve John in the future and in the meantime
he is our link to the past when entrapanaurs offered all kinds of
options and upgrades for Deloreans. His recollections offered a peek
into the past and the way Island Turbos operated. He said he himself
did over 200 installs. Don Steger has told me he did over 400. That
would mean that there should be over 600 twin turbo set-ups out there.
In the future we have other speakers that will talk on different
topics so if you want to learn more about the world of Deloreans you
really do have to come to our events! A shameless plug for Delorean
Midatlantic.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, MICHAEL W TOWNSLEY
<michaeltownsley@xxxx> wrote:

> Bob:
>
> If you are taking a census Vin # 17043 has a very early orginal twin
island turbo set up.

> And I very much enjoyed meeting and talking with the designer John
Conway at the social and having him test drive my car. John informed
me that 170 MPH speedometer in my car was part of the offered turbo
package...I had always thought it was a just stock Delorean speedometer.