Re: [DML] Wanted Solid Good Looking Delorean for a Paid Corporate Event

Re: [DML] Wanted Solid Good Looking Delorean for a Paid Corporate Event in New Orleans

"I have been told by agents that the Hartford Group is a "conservative
> > company", thus they do not insure Deloreans. I find that rather
> > interesting."

This is WAY OFF TOPIC and as everyone obviously knows by now, Steven Rice is picking up this engagement, but I thought explain the event and tell you what I know about The Hartford.

I don't have any idea if Hartford covers Deloreans at this time, but, when my father was alive and he owned my Delorean ALL of his vehicles were insured by Hartford or one of their subsidiaries. This happens to a coincidence, and had no bearing on my landing the Colorado engagement.

Rocky Mountain Deloreans does this kind of stuff all of the time. I would say 95% of them we do gratis for charity. In fact in a couple of months we are doing an event at the local Dave & Busters where the Colorado Nurilogical Socioty is raffling off some MJF signed BTTF stuff including a guitar and a pair of size 11 gravity shoes. http://www.bttf.com/colorado-neurological-institute-raffling-back-to-the-future-items-to-benefit-parkinsons-patients.php

I got involved with the Hartfors because the person responsible for the event was looking for a Delorean in Colorado and for some reason she couldn't find our site, which we are in the process of fixing! She did find Mid-States Delorean Club and noticed that they have TWO members from Colorado, myself and Raddad. So she contacted them and they sent her to me since Raddad is now in S. Carolina.

The event was at the Historic Broadmoor Hotel. If you have not been to the Broadmoor you need to go even if you can't afford to spend the night (Off season cheap rooms are $200+ a night). This is one of the finest Hotel & Resorts IN THE WORLD. Not only is the Broadmoor a 5 Star Hotel & Resort it is at the base of Pikes Peak in a gorgeous location with a world glass golf course a lake right between the Hotel Buildings. There is also a zoo and it is right around the corner from Will Rogers Shrine.

The Hartford treated me really well taking care of my room (it was a 2 day engagement) and paying for all of my meals on top of paying me to place my car on site and hang out. They even paid me to take a trip to the Broadmoor before the event to ensure the location met my approval and that the fat ass Delorean without powersteering could negotiate the narrow path to its final destination next to the lake without destroying the surrounding landscaping. It was tight and I did crush some flowers on the final turn but the Hartford anticipated that and arranged to also pay for the replanting.

I'd work with them again in a heartbeat.

Have a great day!
Dan
Vin 03254

<*> Your email settings: