[DML] Re: Conversion question; was BTTF conversion vin 01305. :(

[DML] Re: Conversion question; was BTTF conversion vin 01305. :(

The BTTF Trilogies did not help the Delorean in the Public's Perception of the mechanical reliability of a Delorean...and in fact set it as a Permanent "clunker"..

Point being...just how many scenes in the BTTF Movies does it Show Michael J. Fox..being flustered with the Delorean..or having Mechanical breakdowns..or being a unreliable mode of transportation..the worst(fake)scene was the scene where the Indians shot a arrow into the gas tank..which we all know would and is Impossible in reality...even hitting a gas line is impossible..but the public has no idea of that.

And ever since the BTTF Trilogies,in almost every event where a Delorean is presented in any kind of Hollywood settings where it has a decent role it is presented as a Mechanical "clunker"..the worst was with Don Knotts in a Mattock (Andy Griffith)episode...

It is either Glorified as a Great BTTF Vehicle or as the Edsel of the 1980's

Claude
1024
Bric

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "vladivdracula" <lordvadus@...> wrote:

> It's sad to see so many individuals who destroy their cars with these conversions.  The worst part is a toss-up between the shoddy construction of these conversions and the fact that so many of these "Backies" have no interest in preserving the history of the car and wreck any car that they get their hands on.  Their love for the movies has them so eager to have their cars ruined that they forego the basics of making sure that the car is reliable first.
>
> Those stupid conversions make the car high-profile vehicles and, because of their need for repairs, the public sees a poorly-running DeLorean and it propagates the "DeLoreans are unreliable" stigma that we already have to deal with.
>
> Though, the worst of them are the builders who dupe Backies with their conversions.  After spending several thousand dollars on useless modifications to their cars, they're no better running and less usable and accessible to repairs than before.
>
> There are enough ruined DeLoreans already and it's always disappointing to hear about another car destroyed; especially an early-VIN car.
>
> C. Robert K.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: