From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
soma576
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 11:44 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Fuse box replacement

I will check the type of solder I'm using, I know it's rosin core and it
says ideal for all electronics repairs.

Those soldering stations look like the cat's meow, however this is the most
soldering I've done in my life and I doubt I will do this much again anytime
soon. I don't think I can justify buying one! I'll probably just keep on
with my gun but I'll be sure to follow Nick's advice and use minimal solder.
I think I'm doing a good job so far, it's just tedious but what did I
expect????

Andy

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com> ,
"jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@...> wrote:

> It also helps if you clean the tip often and then melt a little solder
(tin) onto it. You should also be using 1/16 rosin core or smaller. An iron
is nice because you do not have to always heat it up again after putting it
down.

Michael Griese <mike.griese@> wrote:

> > Andy - Those gun-style irons will be a challenge for what you are doing.
If you
> > are ever near Rochester, I could loan you a soldering station I have
that is
> > perfect for this type of work. I can also show you some techniques for
making
> > the joints quickly and consistently.
> >
> > One thing that can help is to tin the wire (get solder to flow onto/into
the
> > wire), then try heating the joint.
> >

> > --
> > Mike