[DML] Re: Delorean Owner

Most problems with the K-jet will not require a complete system overhaul. A conversion is an all or nothing venture so it WILL cost $1,100. Again you are not comparing apples with apples. That number that John H threw out on K-jet was an upper limit. The thing that irks me the most about all of this is that for any and every problem with the original fuel system your answer is not to fix it but to replace it. Even when it is a small, easily fixable problem.
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> What a stunning coincidence -- $1,100 is exactly how much my carb conversions cost now (including a completely new hand fabricated aluminum intake manifold). Pretty much takes all the wind out of financial arguments against carburetion if K-Jet costs are the same (other arguments remain of course, pro and con, but cost no longer appears to be one of them).
>
> Bill Robertson
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@> wrote:
> >
> > I do complete fuel systems overhaul except labor on my bench for a little
> > less than $1100.00 That's my labor and parts.
> > New rebuilt distributor and WUR ( with a 2 year warranty), new accumulator
> > and filter, clean and make sure CSV, FV, are working and change the filter
> > in them and make sure the idle motor is working. Clean and align air flow
> > meter and send it all back ready to install. New SS fuel lines are extra and
> > I help them start and adjust fuel mixture after it's all done.
> > Somebody to spend $4000.00 must have not cared enough about the cost and
> > just took it in and said fix it and didn't think there were any other
> > sources on CIS as a lot of newbie's do.
> > John Hervey
> > www.deloreanautoparts.com

<*> Your email settings: