[DML] Re: Delorean Owner
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[DML] Re: Delorean Owner



My problem is not conversions or customization per se. I do not agree with Bill that when you have a problem with the fuel system on a Delorean, removing the Bosch fuel system is a good choice. I am of the opinion that the car is always worth the most and is best kept as original as possible for value and service reasons. That is not always possible in all cases. For instance the plastic header tank or the plastic tanked radiator can't be used anymore because it is over 30 years old and unreliable. Not much choice there if you want the car to be reliable. Same with tires. Not the case with the K-Jet. Parts are still available and there is enough knowledge around to keep it running. Putting a carb on does not improve reliability over a good running K-Jet and it does not improve performance. It is a Band-Aid way to fix a fuel system that the person doing it does not understand. Every owner should know that a carb is not the answer to every problem with the Bosch fuel system (as Bill would have us believe). I agree with Mark, when Bill makes statements that go unchallenged some may come to believe them as fact. IMHO most of the problems with K-Jet stem from improper long term storage and/or improper repairs made by people who do not understand how to work on it. Even a carb is not immune from this!!!!!!!!
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Peter Lucas <lucas@...> wrote:
>
> David,
> [I don't mean to be contentious AT ALL, I am genuinely curious:]
> 
> Do you disapprove of the various electric DeLorean conversions? Couldn't everything you say be said of those?  Or is the problem that an electric conversion would be *obvious* and some unnamed other conversions are easily overlooked?  (If so, I guess I might argue that anyone who can't tell a K-Jet from some other fuel/air system might be well-advised to find some other hobby  :-)  ). 
> 
> My point, as I said before, is that everything surrounding this car is intrinsically *recreational* in nature. We own, maintain, and sometimes modify these vehicles because we find it *fun*.  I put a rear-view camera on my D years before this was a practical thing do do. If it breaks after I am gone, I wish the next owner luck finding someone to repair it.   I once seriously considered adding electric do



------------------------------------

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnewsYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
    dmcnews-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive