From: content22207 <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, August 20, 2012 11:00:04 AM
Subject: [DML] Re: Delorean Owner

Owners who have converted to carburetion might be insulted by your insinuation
that they did not carefully evaluate their decision first and weigh its pros and
cons. I will let them speak for themselves.

I have had almost no technical contact with owners after their conversions
(plenty of social contact, but very little technical contact). One owner did ask
me for a replacement choke cap, which I mailed him free of charge. If I get hit
by a bus tomorrow I suppose they could ask F150 owners for technical support. Or
Mustang owners for technical support. Or Galaxie/Fairlane/LTD/Etc owners for
technical support. Or Mercury owners for technical support. Or Lincoln owners
for technical support. Or AMC owners for technical support. Or Jeep owners for
technical support. Etc. (In case you're having trouble reading between my lines:
the Autolite/Motorcraft 2100 series was used on millions and millions of
vehicles from the late 1950's to the early 1990's -- it *IS* a tad more familiar
in this country than K-Jet...).

Lack of carburetion support from DMCH alone is a Red Herring.

Your scare tactics don't seem to work any better than your bullying. My
suggestion is to ignore carb conversions from now on. You can't stop them, and
they obviously cause you great emotional distress, so closing your eyes or
looking the other way might be less traumatic.

Bill Robertson

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@...> wrote:

> Engine conversions also occur although at a lower rate. It is not up to me to
>accept that owners will modify their cars, they will do it no matter what my
>personal opinion is. My only effort is to try to communicate the pros and cons
>of what they intend to do. In the case of engine conversions you cannot expect
>much (if any) support from this forum or any of the Delorean venders or shops.
>Not because we don't want to, we just don't know what you have done. Same goes
>for the carburetors. When an owner decides to customize their car and it is
>non-stock, they must also assume their own support. At this time DMCH and it's
>affiliates does not support engine conversions (except for the Stage I & II) or
>carburetors. Maybe that will change, maybe not. What are owners who converted to
>carburetors to do if you are no longer are around to help them? The answer is
>that they will have to fend for themselves when they have a problem. Some may be
>able to, some maybe not. They should understand this BEFORE contemplating the
>change.
> David Teitelbaum

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional