Re: [DML] transmission leak along flange / output shaft splines?

Re: [DML] transmission leak along flange / output shaft splines?

Do you have stainless sleeves over the flanges that go into the
transmission?  If not, you should install some along with new seals
where the flange goes into the transmission.  Dave and Julie at DMCMW
stocks those parts. They are awesome to deal with.

-Steve Rice
#16510

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Jason Ferrara <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just removed the engine and transmission in my car in order to do an
> engine rebuild, DPI Spec II upgrade, and fix some transmission (manual)
> leaks.
>
> When I removed the passenger side drive shaft, a fair amount of clean
> gear oil came out from between the flange and the CV joint. Is it
> possible its leaking along the flange/output shaft splines, instead of,
> or in addition to, the lip seal? And if so what can I do about it?
>
> Thanks
>
> - Jason

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional