Re: [DML] Re: R134 Freon @ $6.40 Per Can

Does anyone know why we have such long hoses? Is there any particular reason
for this?
Since I have the body removed from the frame at the moment I'm thinking
about installing metal lines running from the condenser and evaporator all
the way back to the compressor and then use a short flexible hose to connect
to the compressor. Any thoughts?

BTW, the difference in pressure of R-12 versus R-134a is not that great.
Here are some temp-pressure points of both:
Temperature (F) - R-12 (PSI) - R-134a (PSI)
0 - 9.2 - 6.5
50 - 46.7 - 45.3
100 - 117.2 - 123.6
150 - 234.6 - 261.4

At about 65 degrees F the pressures are the same and as temperature rises
the pressure of R-134a gets higher over R-12. Is it really that big of a
difference? At 150F it's less than 30PSI. R-12 will equal that pressure 15
degrees later. In my opinion this is not a factor for the hoses, the
compressor or cooling capacity.

Greetings from Poland!
Tom Niemczewski
Vin 6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 16473, 17086
Google earth: 52°25'17.66"N, 21° 1'58.40"E