Re: [DML] turn signal and headlight indicators in instrument cluster not

Re: [DML] turn signal and headlight indicators in instrument cluster not working.

Nevermind....

Turned out to be loose connections in the bulb holders and I seem to
have miscounted the pins when making the measurements.

On Mon, 2012-07-09 at 21:40 -0400, Jason Ferrara wrote:
> I'm at a bit of a loss here....
>
> I removed the steering column to replace the steering column bushing,
> and also removed the instrument cluster to take out stink bug that had
> crawled in there died. After I got everything back together, the
> indicator lights in the instrument cluster for the turn signals and
> headlights no longer work. The headlights and turn signals themselves
> work fine, as does all other lights and gauges on the instrument
> cluster.
>
> The problem appears not to be in the instrument cluster but somewhere
> else in the car wiring. Measuring on the wiring harness connectors that
> go to the instrument cluster show only 0.2 volts when the corresponding
> light should be on. And applying 12 volts to the matching terminals on
> the instrument cluster makes the indicators light up.
>
> Is there a connector somewhere else that handles those lights that I
> could have knocked loose? The service manual and wiring diagrams I have
> don't seem to document well which wiring harness connectors do what.
>

> Thanks
>
> - Jason

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional