Re: [DML] Inadequate DeLorean Grounding Identified (Big Red Circle)

Re: [DML] Inadequate DeLorean Grounding Identified (Big Red Circle)

With all due respect, you are guilty of the very thing of which you accuse me:

I clearly wrote "cars contemporary to the DeLorean." You even quoted my words in your reply. I guess you quoted them without reading them. "Contemporary to the DeLorean" means 1981 model year, not any 21st century model year.

As soon as I get back from some errands I will scan and post the wiring diagrams for my 1981 AMC. It has exactly *ONE* capacitor in the entire car, on ignition.

And yet, for some reason, all of the other electrical devices on the car do not send its electrical system into a tailspin....

My 1981 AMC does not have a capacitor on its windshield wipers.
My 1981 AMC does not have a capacitor on its turn signals.
My 1981 AMC does not have a capacitor on its blower motor.
My 1981 AMC does not have a capacitor on its headlight switch.
Etc.

By virtue of increasing the wire size between all of my 1981 DeLorean's ground junctions, I have effectively given my 1981 DeLorean an electrical cross section comparable to my 1981 AMC.

If the 1981 AMC wiring diagrams aren't enough to convince you, I have 1979 Lincoln wiring diagrams I can scan and post (I'll give you a sneak preview -- they only have one capacitor as well, on ignition).

Bill Robertson

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Niemczewski" <dmctom@...> wrote:

> Again, this is a proof that you only read what you want to and not what was
> actually said.
>
> > Metal bodied cars contemporary to the DeLorean typically had capacitors on
> > ignition only. They didn't need capacitors anywhere else because something
> > as simple as turn signals didn't create a bunch of electrical noise. My
> > ground bus emulates the electrical efficiency of a metal bodied car.
>
> As I have said before. New cars have capacitors mounted inside parts of the
> cars and you just don't see them. Just because you don't see them doesn't
> mean they are not there. Wiper motors, blower motors, even electric window
> motors have capacitors installed inside the motor housing. This is for two
> reasons:
> 1. A capacitor works best when installed as close to the source of noise as
> possible
> 2. It lower the assembly cost - they just ask the manufacturer to supply a
> part that doesn't create electrical noise.
>
> Can I make it any clearer for you to understand it? If you don't believe me,
> go to an auto parts store and buy a wiper motor. Take it apart and you find
> this little black box inside attached to the wires. This is your
> non-existent capacitor. They are there.
>
> Bill, the earth must be flat right? You don't see the curvature so it must
> be flat!
> Give it a rest already!
>
> Greetings from Poland!
> Tom Niemczewski
> Vin 6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 16473, 17086
> Google earth: 52°25'17.66"N, 21° 1'58.40"E

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)