From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:21:38
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DML] Contemplating a Carb Swap

Darren didn't tell me to use the ported vacuum barbs underneath the throttle plates -- he told me to use a barb by the brass idle screws that turned out to be unported. If you look at some of the pictures of my old Renault block you can see a hose running to my distributor from it. The Volvo boys finally put me straight on the ported barbs. I didn't even know they were down there. To be brutally honest, I don't think Darren knew they were down there either.

Until then I was running without vacuum advance.

Courtesy of my nice British friends....

Bill Robertson

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Martin Gutkowski" <martin@...> wrote:

> Once again I repeat: I gave you no advice that wasn't passed on from Darren because at that time I knew no better.
>
> However, thanks for proving my point that you still don't know what the vacuum port on the throttle butterfly is for! It IS used for the distributor on the B27 Renault engines and works fine on the DeLorean engine as long as the throttle stop hasn't been messed with.
>
> The 038 CPR has no "backwards" on the vac ports because it has no ports on the side! If yours did, it was someone swapping bits over wrongly!
>
> I love how you're trying to blame me for your car running wrong though, keep it up. I'm ignoring your question because it is irrelevant to the discussion - you just want to segway the exchange. As usual.
>
> Martin
>
> Sent from my BlackBerry®

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional