Re: [DML] Spec .02 Steering -- Success

I wasn't going to get involved in this drama but Marc's question, "who
did the engineering" has led me to bring up with DMCH did with Spax
shocks.

The Spax shocks were developed by the UK Club and not DMCH.  Someone
in that club volunteered their time to work with Spax to develop
adjustable shocks for the Delorean.  If you go on the UK forum you
will find they are selling Spax shocks with a very low markup as a
courtesy to the Delorean community.

Now Houston is selling Spax shocks (painted black) and is making
profit off of someone else's volunteer work.  If it is okay for
someone at DMCH to make money off someone else's work, why is it so
wrong for someone to publish information on parts that happen to be
identical to what DMCH is selling?

With all my yapping, I'm surprised I haven't been blacklisted yet.
They do make a few good parts (metal door handles come to mind at the
moment) but just because it has a Delorean.com logo on it, it doesn't
mean they developed it or that it is the best product on the market.
I was planning to wait a while before ordering the parts for Spec .01
steering but with all the noise going on right now, I am thinking it
might be a good idea to order the parts today before someone calls and
threatens Borgeson.

-Steve Rice
#16510