Renault 66/3 signal. It does support odd-fire after I asked for it.

- ability to run batch fired injection and distributor - as with the
original Renix ECUs on the Renault 2.5 turbo. The ECU has no concept of
#1 cylinder. Most ECUs require this.

- the superb auto-tune setup when plugged into an Innovate LC-1 which
gives it its name, this includes ignition tuning, but is not a magic bullet.

The above allow me to run an Adaptronic from a Renault flywheel within a
later UN1 bellhousing. All native bolt-ons to the DeLorean engine.

Recent additions which have had me weak at the knees include tuning by
VE and throttle-map prediction which was instigated to get around ever
present throttle response issues. All ECUs have some sort of "throttle
pump" parameter but these can be notorious to tune. The guys at
adaptronic came up with a neat solution - you set up a very simple table
of MAP values based on TPS, then whenever the trottle is moved, the ECU
ignores the MAP signal for a predetermined time, say half a second.
Here's a little video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZUy7tKDhQk (this is quite an old video)

The Adaptronic can very easily be hooked up to the stock ignition amp in
the DeLorean.

The new 1280 ECUs are even more feature-packed than the now old e420c
I'm used to.

Wiring is simple and I've not had any issues with simply connecting the
grounds to the point behind the rear carpet board, and the switched
supply to the feed for the RPM relay. Seperate supplies to those items
being powered and controlled via the ECU include fuel pump, cooling
fans, idle control, chargecooler pump and fan (and these are just the
ones I've used!). I use the stock idlespeed thermistor as the primary
engine temperature sensor - it has a very nice spread.

I basically feel a bit impotent with all you guys discussing MS. I would
be much more use if some of you strayed from that fold and into mine ;-D

Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: