[DML] Re: Overheating, idle speed and stalling issues

[DML] Re: Overheating, idle speed and stalling issues

Harold,

Thanks for your input.  I do not have any engine miss. Runs fine, except the idling issue after warm up that I mentioned.

I do not see leaks anywhere & the level holds to where I fill it.  Orientation of the otterstat is correct (bottom side of the pipe).  The temp gauge has acted a bit crazy like you mentioned happened to you.  Once, after running at operating temp, I turned the car off and let it almost completely cool. Gauge still showed 180.  After bleeding, it dropped back to zero.  But I can/do get a little air out of the thermostat unlike what happened to you.

Re: OEM circulation bleeder, I'm not sure what part you're referencing.  I bought a complete hose kit, radiator and waterpump and replaced everything in the car 1-for-1.  Car was stock to begin with and I didn't add anything that wasn't there, other than a petcock valve in the line from the the passenger side, top of the radiator (for ease of bleeding).  I used all correct, new parts from our trusted DMC vendors.

I'm taking it in for a combustion gas test and coolant pressure test tomorrow night, so hopefully I'll have more info to share tomorrow.

Thanks,
Glenn

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Harold" <hmcelraft@...> wrote:

> It appears everyone has given you great advice so far about the cooling system - the last thing I would say is put some "Alumaseal" in the cooling system. It is in a tube that looks like a roll of quarters. It is great at stopping seeps in an aluminum engine and radiators, etc. It takes 2 or 3 engine cycles (cold to hot) to do a complete job. I have found it a my local NAPA store. I doubt you have a head gasket issue or your coolant level would drop and/or blow out the overflow. Also, does the engine miss after a hot shutdown and setting an hour or so? That is a usual symptom of a leaking head gasket - coolant leaking into a cylinder - the engine will miss until the coolant in the cylinder burns off..
>
> There may be air trapped in the heads - This happend to me once when I drained the block. The guage didn't read right - it was all over the place and no air would bleed out of the thermostat housing bleeder. I had to put the car on an incline facing downward - engine high - about a 30 degree slope on a driveway - and I finally bled the air out.
>
> That said - your message wasn't clear - did no self bleeders mean the OEM circulation bleeder was removed? That bleeder should do the job for most any air left in the system once the circulation has started and should NOT be removed. The advice as to the fan switch orientation is important too.
>
> Harold McElraft - 3354

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: