[DML] Re: Delorean Mid-Atlantic's Spring Social 2012

[DML] Re: Delorean Mid-Atlantic's Spring Social 2012

Tomorrow (Monday 4/16) is the last day to sign up for the DMA Spring
Social.  Here is the latest news regarding the upcoming event.
Friday Night (April 20) - Drag racing @ Island Dragway Street Class
division: $25 to race, $10 to watch.  There will be a special section
for us to display our cars & a class will be setup so we can race each
other.  Target arrival time is 7:30.  Drivers must have a helmet (bring
their own or rent one for $5).  If interested, contact Kevin Abato to
get on the list.  All racers participate at their own risk - there is a
track waiver that is signed before participating.  DMA is not
responsible for any injuries or damage.

Saturday Tech/Social Event (April 21) - Activities will start around
9:00am or so.  Light breakfast foods & lunch will be provided while at
HMI Auto Care.  Also, unless a last-minute change occurs, Rob Grady will
NOT be able to make our event due to unforeseen personal issues.
Instead, Ken Koncelik will be performing vehicle inspections.  Door
adjustments will also be performed as planned by experienced club
members using the club's set of tools.
At dinner, we will hear from guest speaker Lou Cortese & view some of
his records from his time working EXTENSIVELY on the creation of the
Back to the Future ride for Universal Studios.  Lou has photos,
blueprints, and artist renderings that were used to conceptualize and
create the sets for the ride.    There are some amazing images including
shots of the original Delorean used in the movies that was later shipped
to the east coast and used in the production of the ride too.
If you are already signed up, thanks & we'll see you all in a week.  If
you are planning to attend & have not yet signed up, please do so this
weekend so you can take part in the group activities.
Spring Social Webpage:
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/events/ss2012.htm
<http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/events/ss2012.htm>
Justin MetteeTreasurer, DeLorean Mid-Atlantic Club

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)