Re: [DML] Re: More so called "facts"..
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [DML] Re: More so called "facts"..



On 17/03/2012 02:45, content22207 wrote:
> I am not bound by dogma or blinded by ideology.
I think you're precisely that - blinded by your own dogma and ideology.

Engineering is neither - look up the definition if you don't believe me.
> I can clearly see these little cars for what they are, and what they are not. And I am not afraid to fix anything the nice boys in Hethel got wrong.
And who decided what "they did wrong"? You do. I believe that's called a 
self-reinforcing delusion.

So very often you've been called out on what you say they got wrong, 
only to completely ignore the answer. For example the job the front 
frame extension brackets are actually designed for.
> BTW: Forgot to mention that Martin also insisted that I couldn't turn my headlight brackets/buckets upside down.
For crying out loud Bill. This went on for days and days and you STILL 
insist on "remembering" what you want and not actually what was said. Of 
course it's physically possible, but 1) the headlights don't fit right 
because of the locating feature in one corner and 2) the top 
reinforcement bracket that prevents the assembly wobbling up and down 
can't be used. The POINT was that it's NOT AN ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION FOR A 
VENDOR.

> Also, I may not be an engineer, but I do a reasonable impression of a fabricator:
And you know what? I get pretty proud of simple stuff like that too. I 
do recall however that you dismissed out of hand the ease with which 
this sort of work can be carried out with an hour's work in front of CAD 
and get a laser cutter to do the cutting. It's certainly how I go about 
stuff like this - for example my auto-to-manual gearshift adapter plate

http://www.delorean.co.uk/shifterplate.jpg
http://www.delorean.co.uk/shifterplate2.jpg

(these are two different generations of the unit)

I'm not trying to take anything away from your fabrication abilities but 
it's just an example of your dismissing something you don't know how to 
do or don't understand

> Surely the ability to create an intake manifold from scratch (12 times, plus 6 adapters for sand cast manifolds) has to be worth something, even in your prejudiced eyes.
Have I ever criticised your skills as a workshop technician?

Martin


------------------------------------

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnewsYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
    dmcnews-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive