Re: [DML] Carburetion Thread

Marc LEvy wrote:
> I don't doubt that the other owners you have "helped" have requested your assistance.  But I imagine it is as a result of your non-stop posting on the subject.

I hate to get in the middle of one of these silly arguments but I had
never even heard of Bill or read any of these arguments when I found
out about putting a carburetor on a Delorean.  I met Farrar about two
years ago at a car show, I barely knew him, and he showed me his
engine bay.  I was amazed at how simple his engine bay looked compared
to mine.  Just months before seeing Farrar's carb I had to replace the
water pump in my car.  Needless to say, I immediately recognized how
much easier it would have been to change the water pump if my fuel
system was as simple as Farrars.

I was immediately hooked and wanted to convert just for the simple
fact that engine access would be so much better.  I wanted to convert
but I didn't want to do it unless I could justify the expense.  My
mentality was why spend the money if K-Jet is working fine.

Well, a few months passed and I started having fuel delivery problems.
 I suspect it could have been something simple but I didn't want to
spend months troubleshooting something.  I contacted Bill and asked if
he could give me what Farrar had.  A couple of months later I was
ditching K-Jet for a silly little carb and haven't regretted it since.

Don't jump to conclusions saying people come to Bill because he brags.
 I know of two other owners who haven't been following Bill at all and
started asking me questions about carburetion after seeing my carb and
intake manifold.  Both basically asked me, "Where on earth did you get
that intake manifold"?  If they had been following Bill's propaganda
they would have already known where they could get one.  Both of these
people also told me they wanted to convert to carbs for reliability,
without me even giving them any type of sales pitch or bragging about
reliability.

Say what you want about Bill but he doesn't have to boast for someone
to spark interest in his kits.  I don't even have to boast.  People
see what I have, hear how quick my car starts, and they start asking
questions.  I almost feel ashamed when I am around other owners, who
have very beautiful cars I might add, and their cars hesitate to start
while my POS starts right up.

-Steve Rice

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional