From: "Payne" <bpayne@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 10:18:39
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DML] New RPM relay, still no go.

Greetings,

I have a mechanic working on getting my D out of storage and running again. He suspected a bad RPM relay as it would work when bypassed with toggle switches. After replacing the relay it still would not work. I will copy what he wrote to me in the last email.

"Unfortunately the relay did not fix the problem. I believe the
problem lies in the signal that comes from the coil. In looking though
the manual it shows that #1 terminal from the coil goes to the RPM
Relay, which is the signal the relay is looking for. When doing a
continuity test from the coil to the RPM relay it has a broken signal.
The manual is very vague on the routing of this wire but I think it goes
through the something else."

He is unfamiliar with the DeLorean but seems to be great with European cars of this era. Is the manual misleading us and is there something else we should be looking for?

Thanks for any help,

Brandon.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional