RE: [DML] British Motoring versus American Motoring

RE: [DML] British Motoring versus American Motoring

   Re: bucket seats-  These are supposed to be THE most comfortable seats in a car. Second is the 6-way power bench. I have driven my DMC non-stop to the conventions in Vegas, & Snowmass, CO in comfort. I have a problem sitting for long periods of time from a sciatic nerve "tweek", falling from a tree as a kid. The bucket seats in the Delorean- as well as my '72 Vega Wagon- allowed me to travel long distances without that "twinge" in the leg. Wonderful!    Now, if only trans-continental planes (767, 777) would utilize bucket seats......       Drive Stainless       Robert   VIN 6924

> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:54:59 +0000
> Subject: Re: [DML] British Motoring versus American Motoring
>
> Now that I am thinking more clearly:
>
> That our little cars were designed by Brits accounts for some of their oddities by American standards. For example, the seats are perfect for keeping you in place while twisting and turning on British roads for an hour or two, but they become rather irritating after 10 or 12 hours on American straightaways. Brits travel in one bag apiece, which the luggage compartment can accommodate with ease, but Americans tend to pack enough for a polar expedition, even when the trip only lasts a weekend (I went carry on, but had to transport 3 other Americans from Manchester, each of whom had at least two pieces of luggage -- what a full little car). Power steering would actually be a liability on uber twisty British roads. You do need a decent defroster, even in Britain, so that omission does have me a bit baffled. Etc.
>
> BTW: Check British weather forecasts before leaving. If they call for 100 MPH gale force winds, stay home.
>
> Bill Robertson
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins@...> wrote:
> >
> > Welcome back, Bill!
> >
> > Farrar Hudkins