[DML] Re: Upgraded Front Suspension

While following this subject I wondered about one of the early posts mentioning the need for a rear sway bar following this modification. Bill mentioned the propensity for over steer. I’ve had numerous occasions to drive my DeLorean hard over the 30 plus years I’ve had it and even when, during a few three day road rally’s I had the chance to drive a spirited few laps around Road America, I was left with an impression of pronounced under steer. My thoughts are the original suspension was designed with under steer dialed in to compensate for the rear engine configuration. If after, stiffening the movement of the front suspension, you’ve moved the car from under steer to over steer then I’m not sure this is the way to go unless you’re looking for all out competition handling.

Bruce Benson

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: