Re: [DML] DMCH Open House

I had a great time too Bob.  I am more partial to DCS when rating the "best of the best" DeLorean shows, but I admit I am biased.  :)

EV's are not a high knowledge area of mine, but I did get a ride in it and was impressed with it's performance.  Considering modern EV technology, they did a good job with this project.  As I understand it, this car *IS* for sale, and may be a "one off" because the next version is planned to be AC motors with regenerative breaking.

It was great to see Stage III finally ready for production.  Allowing the community to get sneak peaks of this project as it has evolved over the years was a risky move for them, but the end result is a nice clean install that brings the performance to the "next level" while still retaining the stock PRV engine, and K-Jet (if that is your goal).  IMHO, It would be better with an intercooler but Stephen explained that the engine does have some timing control to protect it from severe detonation.  I got 2 rides in it, the ride on the street from Cameron left me feeling it was on par with the old Island turbo kits from the 80's but with the added protection of some modern electronics (timing control, bypass valve, and fuel enrichment).  My VQ35 is still faster (yea, I like to brag) but for someone looking to plunk down a pile of cash (lots of it) to get some performance, this is a good option.  My second ride was with Toby at the wheel on the track, and I
 cried till he let me out (driving in circles makes me sick).  Either way, I think I heard that the Stage III is "ready to go".

I think Bob missed some other big highlights of this event.

On display was a *NEW* black under body.  Kevin and I were there Thursday night when it arrived, so it was displayed pretty much right off the truck.  The claim is this is about half the weight of the original fiberglass under body, and just as stiff (if not more).  They will also be offering options of have semi-clear sections for back lighting (like, in the rear pontoons, or under the bonnet.

They also had a sample of the new binnacles.  I saw it, but did not get a chance to touch it.  I don't know if an official announcement was made (availability and price), but it is progress on this long awaited project.

The new item I was most excited about was the combination fuel pump and level sender.  It looked a lot like the one I changed out a few weeks ago in a 1997 Pontiac.  It has its own integrated "fuel baffle" too.  This part will replace everything in the fuel tank with a single part! It is also spring loaded, so it will sit on the bottom of the tank, and compensate for changes between tanks.  If there is anyone out there hoarding fuel baffles, or level senders you better dump them now while you still can.

For anyone reading this, with regret that they missed the event, don't let it happen again!  Get ready for DCS 2012 now before that is sold out too..

--- On Tue, 10/18/11, Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<SNIP>

<*> Your email settings: