From: Steel Wings <steelwings@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Mar 21, 2011 1:36 pm
Subject: [DML] Flux Door Update

To All,

I know you’re all anxious to get back to 1955 so here’s the update on the Flux
Doors:  When I estimated that these would take about six weeks to complete, I
had expected about 10-15 orders for these. To my amazement, I received more than
40. That’s a lot of fluxing work to do! However, the good news is they are
almost finished. The primary hold-up has been the very cold weather we have been
having up here in Boston this winter. I need to spray both paint and adhesive to
finish these things up. Unfortunately, I need to have my garage well ventilated
(because of the fumes) and warm enough for the adhesive to work and the paint to
stick and dry. If I open the windows it is way too cold and I can’t use a
portable heater because the fumes are flammable. So basically, we’re just
waiting for a few warm days so I can finish these. I apologize that I had not
considered this issue before but the last time I built these, it was summertime
and it just didn’t occur to me this time around. (Sorry about that) Anyway, all
of the parts have been fabricated and the circuit boards are done and they are
just waiting for paint, upholstery and final assembly. They are really looking
good as these units have MANY improvements over the first run originals.  Today
is about 36 degrees but I hear we’re supposed to get a few days this week in the
50s... Still a little bit cold but just warm enough if I bring them in the
basement after spraying to dry. So please be patient, they are almost finished.
Stay tuned....

Steelwings

Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: