[DML] Re: Re-wire of fan relay for A/C "ON" condition

[DML] Re: Re-wire of fan relay for A/C "ON" condition

Your electrical engineer non-colorblind friend should be able to check the wiring if you have the wiring diagram. My guess is - the diode set up at the AC fan clutch connections are not correct - or absent. They are in the area to the right of the fuse box as look down on the box.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lee" <edmonson60@...> wrote:

> I am pretty certain that the only PO modification was the new in-line relay to the fans, making them run 100% of the time. This was repaired by my non-color blind friend when he put the Joe Cool in for me. ( He is an electrical engineer and I am certain he got it right)
>
> Becasue I live on the coast of Oregon, I rarely turn on my air conditioner and did not realize how important it is to have the fans run to get cold air out of the vents until I drove up to Bellevue, WA to have Toby Peterson do some work last summer. It got way too toasty on the 6 hour drive home!
>
> So now with the Joe Cool installed the fans cycle when the otterstat sends a signal, but only then and not when the A/C is switched on unless the otterstat tells them to.
>
> To identify the wire from the A/C compressor that needs to be reconnected to the fan relay can I just take the "left over" wires one at a time and check them with a meter as I turn on the A/C?
>
> Lee Edmonson
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "daveswingle2" <swingle_dmc@> wrote:
> >
> > Sinple things first. Make sure he didn't just put a jumper across the otterstat wire in the engine compartment.
> >
> > Dave S - DMC Midwest

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: