[DML] Re: The DOA's "lawsuit", from the target of such

[DML] Re: The DOA's "lawsuit", from the target of such

Starting a thread on the DOA will elicit a heated response, the subject has people with strong opinions both ways. It once was the premier club for the Delorean community. In the world as it is today with the Internet it has less relevance. As with many things in life if you ignore it, it will go away. It may continue as a local club but it has little if anything to offer the Delorean community at large. One reason they are having trouble getting much active participation outside their area. That and the fact that there is still a high level of mistrust and general ill feeling towards the DOA from way back. Just putting a new face on it is not enough. My advice is to support your local club. You will get direct results with your active participation in local events. All you will get from the DOA is an expensive glossy magazine irregularly.
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "MacinTek" <macintek@...> wrote:

> GEEZE, PEOPLE!!! When I started this thread, I just wanted to know if anyone had similar experiences or if they had some information that could explain the mystery. I had no intention of arousing litigious leeches or fanning a flame war.
>
> Shortly after I posted the initial message, I got an eMail from Josh Haldeman, VP of the DOA explaining the hard times that had befallen the association and that, if I wanted improvement, I should consider helping out. I agree that people, including myself, should put up or shut up and anyone in my local region of the Porsche Club of America will testify that I do just that. However, at this juncture, having moved my family and my business 600 miles away from where I was last year, I am not in a position where I can commit my time or resources to the DeLorean Owners Association. Those of you who do have time and/or resources should seriously consider shoring up a troubled Association before you permanently damage the DeLorean community by litigating because you (voluntarily) bought into a membership that was obviously troubled?
>
> I applaud Josh Haldeman for his frankness in explaining the situation and I plan to offer whatever help I can once my new life in Southern California settles down to something resembling normal.
>
> Put up or shut up. But, whatever you do, don't damage the Dream by selfishly suing something before trying to help it.
>

> Miles Smith
>
> '83 DeLorean
>  # 16387
> '91 Porsche 944S2