Re: [DML] DeLorean Owners Association??

In a message dated 1/19/2011 2:06:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lordshill@xxxxxxx writes:

Josh..  When you asked about what the DOA could do?  How  about a repair
manual in color with a step by step directions for tearing down  and
rebuilding an engine.  A manual that would layout all the parts of  the various
systems in color.  What is out there now is not very good at  all.  I have a
couple of versions of the manuals and one is very blurry  and the other, while
being sharp is lacking in  information.>>

Roy-
I've wanted to see that done (by somebody, or anybody, or by myself,)
since I got my DeLorean, sans manual, 11 years ago. The originals are useful but
 not entirely helpful or accurate. Repros are readily available, but no
improvement. The vendors have the know how, but apparently not the  motivation
to do it. With all the trouble the DOA has had just publishing the
magazine in a timely fashion, I'll be glad if they can indeed publish the
previously unpublished service bulletins, much less research, rewrite and  publish a
revised manual. I did some groundwork in that direction, even got  JZD's
permission in writing before he died, but I think I'll be driving a Tesla
before I ever get that project done. Seems like anyone who has the ability  to
do it is too busy... and no longer needs it personally.

Wayne A.  Ernst

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: