[DML] Re: First Two Production DeLoreans in the U.S.....30 years ago thi

[DML] Re: First Two Production DeLoreans in the U.S.....30 years ago this week

Interesting side note...

A cargo 747 carrying the first two production DeLoreans arrived
here in the U.S. 30 years ago this week (one 5-spd and one auto).

The 5-spd was VIN...520, while the auto is still MIA (for now).

It was a cold mid-January evening when Jeff Synor got the call
to go to the Detroit Airport to retrieve the two DeLoreans that
had arrived on the 747 (with all the keys locked in the cars).
Jeff made a quick tool to open the cars without breaking glass.

Later the same week, JZD officially "launched" the production
DeLoreans at the factory, with lots of media in attendance.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, robert parker <roberthparker@...> wrote:

>   Indeed, Wayne, several Deloreans were transported to the U.S. in a 747 freighter.  That WOULD be an adventure.  And then..... I'm working on the retractable mechanism for my Delorean wheels, 'cause "where I'm going, I don't need roads."   ;-)      Drive/Fly Stainless       Robert    6924
>
> > To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > From: deloreanernst@...
> > Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:15:15 -0500
> > Subject: Re: [DML] Idea for the Eurofest trip....
> >

> > In a message dated 1/17/2011 12:01:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> > roberthparker@... writes:
> >
> > what are the ramifications of chartering, say, a 767 just for us.  >>
> >

> > Hi Robert-
> > Didn't JZD toy with the idea of delivering D's to the USA in a specially
> > designed jumbojet? I think I recall seeing a blueprint somewhere. Maybe  SSI.
> > Too bad there's not a working model. We could all drive on our DeLoreans
> > like a ferry boat, and enjoy the ride from inside our cars. ;-)
> > Hmm. On second thought, if I get back to Eurofest, I'd be more  comfortable
> > flying commercial.
> >

> > Wayne A.  Ernst
> > vin 11174

<*> Your email settings: