From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
soma576
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:41 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Replacing Radio - how it's done?

David,

I'm not sure if you can find radios that fit the original space anymore, but
you can definitely buy a single-DIN size replacement console bracket from
the major vendors. They might also have a radio harness adaptor that plugs
into the original harness, then you crimp the wires from your new radio to
the wires hanging off of the harness. There is still a lot of crimping
involved but at least you don't have to hack up your original harness.

I did this quite a while back - if you have any more detailed questions just
shoot me an email, I can probably help.

Andy

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com> ,
"daviddelorean" <daviddelorean@...> wrote:

> I want to replace the original radio in my DMC but I don't know how to do
it. How do I buy a radio that actually fits and has the same connectors? My
original doesn't work the screen is smashed and it sucks not having a radio
in the car. I just have no idea how to find a radio that will fit and then
get hooked into the wire harness back there.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)