RE: [DML] Re: Tires

Another option exists if you want to maintain the correct sizes front and
back:-

I'm on my second set of Pirelli's all round.

P6000 on the front 195/60/14

P600 on rear 235/60/15

The difference between the P600 and P6000 is a slightly different tread
pattern.  I find the tires quiet, hard wearing and fantastic in the wet over
here in good old Blighty!

Rears are made on/off by Pirelli due to their low demand.  Pirelli confirmed
to me recently that they have no plans to discontinue them.  The only thing
to be careful of when buying them is ensuring that the tyre's you buy
haven't been sitting on the shelf of the vendor for the last five years as
they also have a shelf life when not on the car either.

Tyre's have a numbering sequence that allows you to 'read' the manufacturing
age which can be very useful.

Tires Manufactured Since 2000
Since 2000, the week and year the tire was produced has been provided by the
last four digits of the Tire Identification Number with the 2 digits being
used to identify the week immediately preceding the 2 digits used to
identify the year.

Kind regards,

Chris Hawes

Vin 5255 grey 5-speed