Re: [DML] DCS 2010 questions

See Below Hank, for my "Unofficial" answers.

--- On Tue, 6/22/10, Hank <heskin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I had a great time at DCS 2010!
> Thanks to Ken, Marc, and everyone else
> who worked so hard so the rest of us could just enjoy the
> show.
>
> I do have a couple of fun follow-up questions from the
> show, though.
>
> -- What DCS show so far has been the largest in terms of
> number of
> people and number of cars?   How many
> cars/people came to DCS 2010
> (Ken usually announces this during Saturday dinner).

This show was smaller than the past few.  I don't know what the final person count was, as we signed up a number of people at the show.  My personal count of cars was 90, but I did the count around lunch time so I think a few people left for lunch.  I also forgot to check the 2nd parking lot next to the house.  So, I'd guess we had about 100 cars.  Again, less than the past few shows.

A number of people who usually bring their cars did not this year, so that had an impact on the car count.

Let me take this opportunity to again mention that people who wait until the last second to book their rooms and register for the show make it VERY hard to plan.  "Late" registrations this year were probably at an all time high, I suspect due to the uncertainty with the economy.  Because of that, there was even a risk that the 2012 show would not happen.  Luckily we got the numbers we needed for 2010, and 2012 will go ahead as planned..  However, WE HAVE ONLY RESERVED 150 ROOMS!!  So, as soon as you see Ken post that you can book your room, better do it quickly because they will sell out!!

> -- In the Delorean Archive, there were a couple of letters
<SNIP>

No Idea, maybe Matt can answer this one?

> -- And finally, I saw the Toy "Claw Crane" Vending machine
> in the
> hallway during the show with an "Out of Order" sign on
> it... and then
> on Sunday, I saw Ken loading it up into a truck.  Is
> this some inside
> joke or other Delorean reference I don't get?  Seems
> like a long way
> to transport the cabinet which doesn't work.  Was it
> at other shows,
> too?

Not sure why Ken brought this..

> thanks,
>
> -Hank
> #1619 (keeping it for now)

YAY!!!!  Glad you decided to keep the car Hank!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)