[DML] Re: fresh air hole under windshield cowl -- is it just a hole?

[DML] Re: fresh air hole under windshield cowl -- is it just a hole?

Farrar,
Back in 2002 I remember Knut G. and Hank Breer mentioning "Part number 101957 is indicated in section 7.1.2 of the parts manual and it's item number 36 in the figure". I also remember someone mentioning using half of a zip disc case instead of ordering the $10 part - to deflect any water from dripping down on the top of the fuel pump.

Placing a window screen under the cowl may also help reduce junk & small leaves from getting in there.
See "Windshield Intake Screen" here:
http://www.ohiodeloreans.com/gallery-TipsTricksMods.htm

Shannon Y
16506