[DML] Re: bad science

Hi Chris.

If you send me a spreadsheet of your raw fuel consumption data, that shows you documented and corrected for all the necessary variables to conduct a reasonable test of your fuel economy, and I'll send you a picture.

Multiple relatives of mine wear, or have worn, a uniform, and many people who do not wear a uniform or pick up a gun to defend our country directly, find ways of adding some small measure of margin to our national security, without bringing it up into conversation at the first provocation to win a pointless argument.

The fact that you serve in the armed forces, though honorable, has nothing to do fuel economy.

Rick.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "christiankuest" <christiankuest@...> wrote:

> [Moderator's note - the usual "Do Not Try This At Home" warnings apply... please stay safe and consider the risks. I don't want to see a DML'er or anyone else maimed or killed by playing with extremely dangerous fuel additives.]
>

> TO: Twin Engine DMC-12  (2 engines...? send me a picture!!)
>
> I don't know what Toluene is.  I'll look that one up.
>
> Let's say in the interest of sincere, good natured, helpful "DMC News" discussion... I am and honest USAF NCO that has worn my uniform very proudly for 24 years for ALL the right reasons.  Let's also justifiably give YOU your opinion based on your experience.  But, that I'm not "deluded"... I am "mistaken".  Last, I don't blame you a bit for having "grave sckepticism"  I did too.
>
> Additional light on the subject;  After-all, we are all here to be enthusiastic about DeLoreans and help whenever we can.   I've done all my experiments with Acetone in an '04 C5 Corvette.  If it even sounds like it might miss a beat. I'm acting like I have a sick child to take care of.  It has never suffered any damage or failed to run perfectly.  The dealership agrees.  I'm sure the engine mgmt, fuel injection, coil on plug ignition, light weight, sealed underside of the car,etc,,, is allowing an excellent result.  (Research on-line revealed an expectation of 15 to 35% with any car gas or diesel)  I would expect 15% max... improvement on say, a carburated Ford Econoline Van. And of course, I am using the results from avg, reasonable driving with the Vette.  Spending a whole week driving stop and go at 25 mph on Nellis AFB doesn't count. (less MPG) In the interest of complete open honesty... I also understand that all cars sold in the USA are tested for MPG at 50 MPH.  I'm sure you will agree, it's unlikely any car maker in the world, selling cars here is going to optimize thier cars MPG at a different speed than that.  I have a factory MPG computer/display.  (I've checked it's accuracy, many times.)  And I must say I do intentionally attempt to keep it at 50mph when-ever safety, traffic, and/or proximity of a radar gun around town permits.  And in a C5 Corvette the difference is amazing.  I would have bet money you could hardly measure it.   But, for the record I'm no grandma. I get on the "go pedal" almost daily.
>
> Sincerely and Respectfully; Regarding the FUEL CO'S doing things to improve... our MPG.  Looking at recorded history, the amount of money they would lose in ONE day... if say 50% of us improved our mileage by 20%.  I just can't see it.  I wish I were wrong.
>
> JZD LIVES!!
> Have a great day.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional