RE: [DML] Non-ethanol fuel

Farrar,
There is really nothing to worry about with E10 in the DeLorean at this
point. There is no Rubber parts exposed to the drying effect of E10 ( 180
proof alcohol). If we are forced to go to higher concentrations of Ethanol
then we will have to readjust the fuel mixture and maybe use some additives
to help prevent the drying and water absorption.
Factory stock fuel lines are made out of a specific blend of plastic called
Polyamide which has a high resistance to E10 just like gasoline. The O Rings
in the fuel distributor and around the fuel system that are exposed to
Ethanol are made out of Nitrile which also has a high resistance to ethanol.
The fuel distributor has a stainless steel separator between the upper and
lower chamber so there is no problem there.
And the last thing is our fuel tank which is a form of plastic that I have
found nothing to hurt it.
There are no rubber parts in the DeLorean fuel system like in old carburetor
parts to do any damage. I only sell fuel hose with the 30R9 rating which has
the lining in it to prevent rubber deterioration.
My replacement stainless steel lines are Teflon inside with stainless out so
nothing in the gas is going to hurt them.
The only thing you might want to do is change the fuel filter a little more
often because of the material inside that holds the media in place. The
ethanol may attack it a little more often due to the water absorption.
That's about it.
John Hervey